Ever-increasing IT demands are driving data center modernization initiatives that leverage private cloud and software-defined architectures. While the primary objectives are to enable fluid scalability and accelerate new service rollouts, data center modernization also affords an opportunity to maximize resource utilization and increase operational efficiencies.
To that end, a growing number of data center managers are implementing data center infrastructure management (DCIM) tools. Introduced as part of the ‘green IT’ movement, DCIM is often associated with the collection and analysis of data related to energy usage and cooling efficiency. DCIM also provides tools for managing and controlling infrastructure components such as cooling systems and power distribution units.
More broadly, however, DCIM involves the modeling of data center facilities to assess the impact of changes to the IT infrastructure on the building’s functions. Today’s DCIM solutions also include monitoring, asset management, change management and other tools that help data center managers optimize cost and performance.
For example, a major concern today is capacity management. DCIM tools are capable of providing a virtual 3-D view of the data center, including hardware and cabling, as well as a dashboard view of capacity-related data. DCIM also can model how the placement of additional equipment will appear and assess how it will affect data center capacity.
Although they can deliver significant business value, DCIM tools can be extremely complicated. That’s why Rahi Systems has partnered with Nlyte Software to offer a proven solution without the complexity of other DCIM suites. Nlyte helps organizations optimize the use of data center assets, space and energy and meet fiscal and regulatory compliance requirements.
Nlyte 9.0, the newest version of Nlyte’s award-winning DCIM solution, has been redesigned from the ground-up to streamline and personalize the user experience. Some of the unique features of Nlyte 9.0 include:
- Improved user interface with engaging and informative screens
- HTML 5 design with support for many browsers and mobile devices
- Tile-based interface that makes it easy for users to personalize layouts
- Multilevel “bread crumb” navigation that allows for easy viewing of recently visited pages
- Deep recall navigation that displays the user’s last data changes in an overlay page
- Pervasive contextual search across the solution for easy location of relevant data
- Easier integration of information, screens or processes into other systems
Nlyte 9.0 also includes support for REST APIs, enabling developers to customize the way Nlyte 9.0 extracts information from other management systems and financial applications. This enables organizations to improve their ability to track equipment from the moment it arrives on the dock to when it is scheduled to be decommissioned.
Rahi’s Europe-based team has achieved technical and commercial accreditation in the Nlyte solution. Rahi can help customers leverage Nlyte to make more-informed decisions and plan their future growth with greater efficiency. Whether implemented onsite or in an on-demand, cloud-based model, Nlyte supports today’s complex, heterogeneous IT environments and scales to meet growing demand.
Organizations that embark on data center modernization initiatives have a golden opportunity to optimize their facilities. The experts at Rahi Systems can help them leverage Nlyte’s DCIM solution to reduce costs, maximize efficiency and better prepare for ongoing growth.
Join us for a Webinar May 30th to discuss The Strategic Importance of DCIM. REGISTER NOW
- Pandemic-Related Telework Requires a New Approach to Cybersecurity - March 19, 2020
- Why the Next-Gen Data Center Must Be ‘Green’ - March 11, 2020
- IT Complexity Drives the Need for AI-Powered Performance Monitoring - March 3, 2020
- Pandemic Preparedness Should Be Part of Your Business Continuity Plan - February 18, 2020
- Why More Enterprises Are Adopting Network Functions Virtualization - January 21, 2020
- National Tech Day – Major Influential Days in History - January 6, 2020
- Rahi Systems Partners with Spirent to Deliver Lab as a Service Solution - November 14, 2019
- A Day in the Life… of an Irish Engineer - November 9, 2019
- What Is Structured Cabling and Why Is It Important? - September 10, 2019
- The Rahi Approach to Data Center Migration - July 2, 2019